The Benefits of Seeding
No lawn service program is complete without a seeding solution to build or maintain thick grass! Whether you are looking to establish a new lawn or revitalize your existing lawn, periodic seeding results in many benefits:
- Seeding helps fill in bare spots, which provides natural weed control.
- Seeding, such as hydroseeding (vs sod) for a new lawn develops a deeper root structure.
- Seeding introduces new varieties of grass to older lawns in the Minneapolis area – many of which are more drought and disease resistant than the existent grass.
Types of Seeding Solutions
- Hydroseeding is a great way to establish a lawn without the high costs of sodding, and the inconsistent results than can happen with traditional seeding methods.
- Lawn Restoration, combines double-aeration, overseeding and top dressing with Prescription Organic Matter, to achieve a beautiful and naturally sustainable lawn.
- Overseeding creates a thick lawn, which is the best form of weed control.
- Broadcast application in conjunction with aeration improves the density of your lawn.
- Slit-seeding uses closely-spaced vertical cutting blades or discs to create a slit in the turf, in which seeds are placed.
- Spot seeding combined with POM (Prescription Organic Matter) repairs small patches in your lawn.
Your lawn will have optimal results when combinations of these services are used. Your Rainbow Lawncare professional can advise you on what combination would work best for your lawn.
When deciding what type of seed to use, there are three factors to consider:
- Light exposure
Rainbow Lawncare chooses the types of seed that will be the best fit for your lawn. The proper selection of seed is critical to getting the best results.